Master of Chaplaincy Studies
Course Credits: 4
Conferral: Master Certificate
Lesson Type: Email
Required for: Chaplaincy Program
Note: The 10 Key Roles of A Pastor - Book is Recommended
The Master of Chaplaincy Studies course is the core of the ULC Seminary Chaplaincy Program. It is available for any student to enroll in.
The course often references biblical scripture to advise about the calling to explore chaplaincy work.
The lessons are informative and highlight important topics of interest such as:
- The History of Chaplaincy
- Various Roles and Settings for a Chaplain
- The Responsibilities of a Chaplain
- Dealing with Difficult Situations
- Spiritual Counsel in the Role of a Chaplain
- Ceremonies and Rites
- Considerations for Different Types of Worship
- Chaplains as Spiritual Coach and Mentor
- Serving the spiritual needs of various faiths
- Self Care
- Tools of the Trade
This is a required course for completing our Chaplaincy Program and bestowal of the Chaplain title.
The 10 Key Roles of A Pastor Book is strongly recommended as a supplemental guide but is not required to complete the course.
Instructions are included in the course for where to submit any assignments, quiz and essay questions. A Course Final you submit will be reviewed by Faculty, and your completion certificate/diploma will be issued by the ULC Seminary Board of Directors.